Sunday, January 14, 2007

ok...so I don't completely suck ass...

After a considerable amount of time procrastinating...this past Friday, I finally went to ICP (International Center for Photography). As it stands I am technically retarded. This doesn't mean I don't know anything, but some of the basics elude me. It's true, I get by on the fly. I have great equipment and I am pretty good at lighting. My framing is good sometimes, and my vision is decent enough...but will that get me the results I would be happy with??? Hell fucking NO!! I really want this. I love taking pics, period. Back on subject: ICP, the class I wanted to take required a couple of prequisite classes.



Yuck. I have never in my 35 years liked school. I am the type of jerk, that halfway through the semester I get bored and think I already know as much as the professor. Of course I never do! But that doesn't stop the big ugly ego. Anywhoo, I didn't want to take those damn classes so I went for a portfolio review. And much to my pleasant suprise, I was admitted and told I am good but may want to refine my lighting!!! Woo fucking hoo- I totally agree...that's why I want the stupid class. I danced in the street today. I am happy because I am determined, and I am on the right track.



I am buying a mac tomorrow. I can't be a pro on this piece of crapola.



I saw some of the James "Genius" Graham, photos of me...and they are smokin' hot. They remind me of the Madonna pics from back when, only James' shadows are as smooth as butter. The old Madonna pic shadows are not. I am looking forward to shooting again.



Well, tomorrow after I buy my mac, we (my husband and I) are going to a hip hop dance class for the first time. I need to get my body looking better. It's still too...I dunno- but I need some physical activity. I hope we are not the only 30 somethings in there. We'll look like complete fools. It'll be fun either way.



While I have nothing against the actual act of "Sucking Ass" per se...I am certainly glad my photographic skills do not. Although, this photo would have you thinking otherwise. I had to post it somewhere. It was better in theory...perhaps someday I will find brazen models to do it for real.

2 comments:

James M Graham said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James M Graham said...

Congrats!
Doesn't surprise me at all!

Let me know if you ever want me to take a look at your future work. The Hip Hop - well, you're on your own!

JMG