Monday, July 26, 2010

This IS NOT my photo...









BUT...


It was hanging in a prestigious gallery in the renown gallery district on NYC's West Side. This photo is a part of a series that was shown at the gallery I have an appointment with tomorrow. There are about 8 of these snapshots of Blythe-like dolls. Each dolls eye has a picture from history photoshopped into the reflection of their eyes. ho hum. Not for me. I wonder why, if the photos are still life and shot in a studio- AND not documentary or journalistic style. Then why not make the lighting interesting too?

I suppose, I just wanted to show you what I am up against tomorrow.






vs.




For me the choice is simple. For an art snob, the choice is equally as simple...










*the first two pics above are from an artist named Venieri the last pic is mine, but you knew that already!

1 comment:

JustRex said...

Well, I think your stuff is superb, but then I'm not a snob. That other stuff is too much like kitsch. Digital kitsch. It's been done. Move on.