Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Consoler of the Lonely...

ha ha <<--- awkward nervous laugh


Just got a call from the UK.


The "story" of my doll habit was read back to me (equipped with an AWESOME British accent... utter hotness). I had a good laugh during the final reading. The article is what the Brits call, "cheeky". It was actually quite accurate, but also a little skewed to the sexual side of doll ownership. But why would that surprise anybody?


I am a doll person. Of that I am sure.


The only thing that REALLY bugged me and caused my nervous laugh, was that they lifted a photo off of my blog (without permission) as an accompanying photo to the story. And of course they picked the MOST sensational picture they could find (surprise, surprise). It's the only photo ever taken where I kiss my dolls cheek. To make matters worse, the photo was taken with my built in computer camera. Blech a technically defunct photo no less!!! Are they trying to give me heart failure?? I can assure you that it's going to piss the husband off more than me.



It's true, I like to be in control... although this time I have conceded. Late last night I set up the camera and snapped away some pics to illustrate my relationship with my dolls. You know', the professional relationship... Sure enough they would try to push the whole sexual aspect of doll ownership.


boring.


Let them print it. I don't give a shit at this point. I don't fuck the dolls!!!



But that's probably only because I am ill equipped!


Here is one of the pics from last night:


me likey!




*the above photo is Shane and me getting ready for another photo shoot. I look like a hag next to her, that skinny fake bitch!!!

11 comments:

semi234 said...

"Let them print it. I don't give a shit at this point. I don't fuck the dolls!!!

But that's probably only because I am ill equipped!
"

Not if its one of the male dolls! LOL

tchon said...

British accent can be pretty cool. It really must be an interesting experience to hear your own story with that accent.
Ah, and alas, the press is all about sensationalism - in the end the want to make money. As much as I like the snapshot you are talking about I am a bit miffled that they had to choose that one for the article. Darn, they have tons of excellent photo material to choose from! But the press is all ... ah, I have already mentioned that.
Looking forward to see the article in print! Even if its a bit sketchy and biased in some obvious direction, any news is good news. I hope your gallery project is going forward nicely, too.

tchon said...

Sorry for commenting twice, but that footnote with the "hag" escaped my attention on the first read.
Stacy, Shane might be a pretty doll, but you just beat her by miles just with the smile on your face.
Please dont make yourself unhappy by comparing yourself with dolls, lookwise.

Stacy Leigh said...

Semi234, if I need a penis- I just hop onto the hubby's! It's the female dolls I want to test out...


Tchon, thank you. You are such a good person...xo

glenn usdin said...

i've seen plenty of hags in my day.

you ain't one of them.

JustRex said...

omg... that pic of you and Shane together made me extremely warm...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....a portrait of Stacy as a Real Doll? You could pull that off, I have no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Your an amazing artist and a trail blazer for the new face of todays silicone obsession. keep your head up girl and keep rockin. Vogue takes pics of photoshopped silicone women yours just go that extra mile. plus that pic of you, looks like your touching the first real life cherry 2000 model. One of my favorite movies.

ted pinnock said...

dear stacy....
i have just finished the long process of logging in and joining google and bebo just to be able to tell you this....
i my self am a photographer (if not that good!) but i didnt know who on earth u were till i fell apone your article in my british "tat" mag whilst on a long and boring night shift and had to turn to the internet to find more out about ur photos.... well ...OMG thank the lord for that magazine because what you are doing and the way you portray your dolls is amazing ...forget the beauty element for the moment but how you bring the dolls to reality with poses and amazing lighting is a mystery to me.... so from now on i will follow your blog and will truley be looking forward to some more amazing shots!
you spoke to the uk and we heard and in a "awsome" british accent we thank you....well i do!
and dont worry about british tabloids there all out for a cheap buck.....
thanks and im really glad i found that artical!

Stacy Leigh said...

Thanks you all!!!!! Such nice people out there interested in dolls.


Ted,

I am really happy you've found me! Dolls are great and serve many purposes. I am glad you enjoyed the article, even though it was a bit sensational. I found it sweet and harmless and now that I know it you enjoyed it...


it was worth it!

Anonymous said...

This is going to say "Anonymous", but it's Bruce from TDF here . . . I don't have an account here, but just couldn't not comment...

I did read the Brit article, and thought it was pretty fairly done, especially since many British periodicals seem to go the tabloid route. (Thought the photo of you and the whole gang was pretty cool!)

That's not what I couldn't not comment about though.

Shane looks good, sure - with makeup and lighting by Stacy, who wouldn't? Thing is, there's a warmth and a glow to you that she could only dream of. (if she had something other than silicone and nitrogen/oxygen between her ears!) Even in a photo, without the dimensions of sound and movement, you're twice as nice to look at!

~B.