Friday, February 19, 2010

and all that jazz...

I know.


I'm sorry.



I stopped caring about EVERYTHING...


Over the past few months, I walked the black dog. I circled the block until my soles were sore. But I'm gonna' say that I learned a lot over that time, as life has made a complete ass of me! Personally, I hope you never know the feeling. Most of what has gone on in my life, I am not allowed to discuss. I will say that EVERYTHING has changed. Yup. Everything. Some good, some bad... but make no mistake, my life is totally different now.

So here is what I can talk about, because it's exclusive to my existence... I kinda' put photographing humans on the back burner indefinitely. I am ashamed of that! But, I haven't even bought a fashion magazine in about 4 months. For me, the photography in most fashion editorials, is no longer some thing I covet. I am bored by it all. Sorry to say it, but it's true. The good news is, I picked up a paintbrush! I continued to photograph my dolls, but literally stopped shooting people for a few months now. Last time I shot a person, it was warm outside. Seriously! The last two photo shoots I had scheduled with models were VERY important to me and both models canceled an hour before the shoot was scheduled to begin. I was seriously disappointed. At the time I decided "fuck it", why bother with them? I have something to satiate my appetite for creativity, I have...


Dolls!!!!!


So I have been farting around with big dolls, little dolls, paintbrushes and cameras. And I have been having a blast! But the truth is I am ready to integrate some humans into the mix again. That means I have to be social again. But I am rusty at dealing with perfectly formed humans, and my nerves twist at the thought of it all...


Soon, I swear.




and like a warm blanket...
















big hugs, because I missed you like a long lost relative!
:P
stacy


*the above photos are, in order: Realdoll2, BoyToy2, The male Realdoll, and a Lillith doll (available at www.Ruby13.net )

11 comments:

Cristi said...

P.S. You know who's SUPER awesome at helping Stacy's like yourself come back to life and take amazing pictures of people again??

*ehem*...
just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Davecat said...

Good to hear you're back in action (in Technicolour)! Sometimes life shakes things up for you, but that doesn't mean it's always bad. Didn't you tell me yourself that events like this are just another opportunity to assess everything? New doors opening and all that? See, there ya go. :-)

I've sent you an Email as well. At the very least, hopefully your Email address hasn't changed! Otherwise ALL IS LOST FOREVER ETC

dfklldoind said...

Understand completely....you are NOT alone.

bt

Brian said...

I came across your blog via mm. Impressive stuff your photography and creativity. You have to be the worlds most foremost expert in photographing your preferred subject, that is bound to blow up big time for you, I wish you the best! Ha the words blow up were not chosen as a pun but did make me laugh upon proof reading LOL

Unknown said...

Stacy, I have been going through the exact same thing. I moved to Texas, and the girls here are flakes. I started shooting again, and it's just not the same. I've turned my attention towards my job, but there are times I feel like shooting again.

Perhaps I'll take a trip to New York--when the weather's warmer, of course.

-Amy
www.amydunn.com/blog

Unknown said...

Dear Stacy,

people who often come to this page (funny choice of words) have, during all this years, came to know you, to care about you, and, why not, to love you. We shared your happiness, your sadness, your fears, and we have always tried to be there for you.
Everyone has inner demons, but I am sure that inner angels are much stronger in your case and that one of this days you will realize how lucky you really are. You have a chance to do something you love and at the same time be good at it. That is already better then 99% of us out here. (talking off screen: "Yes Mr. Manager, I will get on that right away....What, this? Yes I am typing something job related....")
Everything that happens in your life is making you stronger, so keep your chin up, and smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ&feature=fvst

Sully said...

Hello Staci

well I can honestly say we have never met, and I can totally understand your fustration with models.

I'm not as gifted a photographer as you, for which I'm extremely jealious. BUT I also know the challenges, and Deamons we face in life are temporary, and as a famous quote from Og Mandino: "This too shall pass", and that you will find the spring in your life again, and success will knock on your door.

Good luck in your life, may you find the lemonaid in your lemon, and may you gain strength equal to the challenges you face.

Sully

Gary Breckheimer said...

Lunch please...
Xo

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

jsan said...

i love those girls of yours so i don't wonder it's hard to pull yourself away from them.