Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm better, but worse...


     I feel better.


     I need to post photos I have shot and not shared anywhere. Where else could I possibly post this shit? 



     What if I told you, that I don't care anymore.



     I don't care if I get my work in a gallery. I don't care if magazines publish my work. I don't care about getting my work in a coffee table book by Taschen. I don't, I just don't care anymore. I'll do what I do, because it makes me happy. I will shoot for Realdoll... but beyond that, I don't care. And honestly, why should I?
     
     It still echos in my head today... Years ago my friend Chip Willis told me that my work isn't for everybody. He said it's for one in ten, not ten out of ten. I finally think he's right. I am so sick of flogging a dead horse. My arms are tired. I give up.




     I don't care anymore.




hugs and kisses,
Stacy


ladies who lunch, wasting time















* the above photos are of two wonderful dolls called Sybarites. you can buy your own at www.superfrock.com









10 comments:

Sullivan said...

You never know when, and who, will suddenly appreciate your work. Your images are beautiful.

Rüdiger von Finckendorff said...

Stacy, I love your work. And I would buy a Taschen book with your photos in it. Just letting you know.

H2O Filmworks said...

Not sure that you have come to embrace how valuable you really are. YOU are very important. YOU are very valuable. No matter what you have been through or what you face ahead. Nothing can diminish how much you are worth. Of course feeling sorry for yourself is not going to help. If it makes a difference maybe I can say that I really care about you. Not in the creepy GWC kind of way but like a little sister.

But no matter what I think or other people think or even you think, there is one person who REALLY loves you more than any one else. Stacy, Jesus is real and he loves you very, very much. I hope some day you can grasp that. I have been praying for you and your health. I don't know how that will turn out but I know that Jesus wants you to be healed and whole and saved. I am praying right now that you will be healthy again. You don't have to believe if you don't want to because I believe. I speak healing over your body right now in the name of Jesus. I expect to hear a report of what changes because of it.

YOU matter. YOU are very important and YOU are loved.

Blessings,
Ken

Davecat said...

Ian Curtis, former lead singer of Joy division, my favourite band in existence, once remarked, 'Put it this way; we do it for ourselves, but we hope other people will still like it.' That's the way I approach what I do, and that's the way you should approach things as well. Cos ultimately, if you can't be happy with your work, no-one else will be either.

Keep up your unique work! A bit of a clichéd phrase, but it's true. :-)

Anonymous said...

Your work may not be for everyone, but to those who see the beauty in it, your photography is consistently amazing. If you watered down your images to the point that they were for "everyone", would they still be as attractive and compelling as they are?

Hugs ((((((Stacy))))))

~Bruce

Anonymous said...

Stacy you do wonderful work, please don't give up you passion. You are a pioneer.

Brian Teifer said...

Just discovered your work via the internet, and I love it! Stunning and otherworldly. I'm particularly fond of the shots that combine people and dolls.

Today you gained another fan.

Anonymous said...

cute blonde

Andy J said...

What a sad intro! It's a bit late for words of comford, but if you feel bad you should come to TDF, where we admire your work.

Mandie said...

I'm late to the party, seeing as this post is several months old already, but I had a whim to check in with you. I'm still a big fan of your work, even though I'm no longer with Abyss. I still check your photo stream from time to time to admire your work. I'd really hate for you to quit. You are an amazing photographer. <3